Spiced Mandarin and Yogurt Cheesecake
By Irish Yogurts Clonakilty
|Prep Time:||5 min|
|Total Time:||5 min|
- Line the base of a 23cm loose bottomed tin with baking parchment.
- Put the bourbon biscuits and digestive biscuits in a plastic food bag and crush to crumbs using a rolling pin.
- Transfer the crumbs to a bowl, then pour over the melted butter. Mix thoroughly until the crumbs are completely coated.
- Tip them into the prepared tin and press firmly down into the base to create an even layer. Chill in the fridge for 1hr to set firmly Filling
- Place the 2 tins of mandarins, liquid and all into a saucepan with the star anise, sugar, and mixed spice. Cook on a hgh heat until the quantity of liquid has reduced by half and the mandarins have started to break down
- Remove the star anise and blend until smooth with a stick blender. When it is smooth add the gelatine and blend again. Set aside to cool to between 25°c and 35°C.
- While the mandarin puree is cooling, whisk the cream in a bowl until soft peaks are formed.
- In a separate bowl beat the yogurt and cream cheese together until smooth. Then incorporate the cooled mandarin into the yogurt mix and beat again until smooth.
- Finally add in the cream 1/3 at a time until fully mixed
- Now pour onto the chilled base and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set Jelly Top
- Place the 2 tins of mandarins liquid and all into a saucepan with the sugar. Cook on a high heat until the quantity of liquid has reduced by half and the mandarins have started to breakdown.
- Remove from the heat and blend until smooth with a stick blender. When smooth add in the gelatine and blend again
- Set aside to cool to between 25°C and 35°C. When it is cool pour over the set cheesecake
- Refrigerate for 1 more hour to set the jelly
- 200g of bourbon biscuits
- 100g of digestive biscuits
- 85g of unsalted butter, melted Filling
- 100g cream cheese
- 200g of Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Whole Milk Natural Live Yogurt
- 300ml cream
- 12g of powdered gelatine
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 star anise
- 75g caster sugar
- 2x300g tins of mandarins Jelly Top
- 2x300g tins of mandarins
- 100g sugar
- 12g powdered gelatine
Upload your own Recipe![contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]