Chef Edward Hayden’s Pancakes
By Irish Yogurts Clonakilty
- In a large mixing bowl sieve the flour and the salt together.
- Break in the two large eggs and whisk continuously whilst adding the milk until a smooth batter has been achieved. Add in the grated lemon zest (if using) and the sugar at this stage also. Mix thoroughly until combined and then transfer into the fridge to rest until required.
- Meanwhile heat a pan until quite hot. Add a little oil or butter to the pan and then spoon in the pancake batter and swirl quickly until the entire pan has been covered with the batter.
- Allow to cook for about a minute or two on either side until they are nice and golden brown. Fresh Berry Compote
- In a large saucepan place all the prepared fruits. You can leave all the fruits whole with the notable exception of the strawberries which you can cut into quarters and add to the rest of the fruits. Scatter the sugar on top of the fruits and add the water. Heat very gently to allow the fruits to soften but also to generate a little fruity syrup. To Serve
- Serve with fresh berry compote and Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Low Fat Greek Style Natural Live Yogurt or Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Spoonable Kefir Natural
- 8oz/225g plain flour
- Pinch salt
- 1oz/25g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 450ml milk
- Grated zest of 1 lemon(optional) Fresh Berry Compote
- 6oz/175g fresh/frozen berries (strawberries, redcurrants, blueberries, raspberries etc)
- 2oz/50g caster sugar
- 50ml water To Serve
- 4 tablespoons of Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Low Fat Greek Style Natural Natural Live Yogurt or Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Spoonable Kefir Natural
- Fresh Berry Compote