Chef Eunice Power’s Mango & Passion Fruit Trifle
By Irish Yogurts Clonakilty
Mango & Passion Fruit Trifle By Irish Yogurts Clonakilty
|Prep Time:||5 min|
|Total Time:||5 min|
- Begin by making the syrup. Put the sugar and water into a saucepan, simmer over a gentl heat until the sugar is dissolved then bring to the boil for a minute or two.
- Add the mango, pineapple and passion fruit to the syrup and allow to cool, then stir in the rum. For the custard, whisk the cornflour, egg yolks and sugar together.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan, when it comes to simmering point pour it on the egg yolks and whisk constantly. Return to the pan. Cook gently stirring until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Allow to cool
- Spoon half the fruit into your trifle bowl, scatter half the sponge on top and spoon some of the syrup over the sponge to moisten the sponge
- Drizzle half the custard over the sponge and repeat the three layers again. Whisk together the cream and Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Half Fat Crème Fraîche in a bowl until thick
- Spoon over the custard and sprinkle with the muscovado sugar. Cover with cling film for at least an hour before serving
- ½ small pineapple roughly chopped
- 250g mango chunks
- 100mls water
- 50g sugar
- 3 passion fruit
- 175g plain sponge such as madeira cake roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp dark rum
- Custard (Recipe Below)
- 250g tub of Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Half Fat Crème Fraîche
- 275ml cream
- 2 tbsp muscovado sugar Custard
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 dessert spoon of cornflour
- 1 dessert spoon sugar and seeds from 1 vanilla pod or 5ml spoon of essence
- 300ml milk
Upload your own Recipe!
Error: Contact form not found.