Cashew Korma Vegetable Curry by Chef Shane Deane
By Irish Yogurts Clonakilty
Cashew Korma Vegetable Curry By Irish Yogurts Clonakilty
- Heat oil in a wide heavy bottom pot over a medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, ginger and salt and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring regularly, until softened but not browned.
- Add your spices( curry powder, ground cumin, ground cardamom, garam masala, turmeric and cayenne). Continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring regularly.
- When the spices are toasted and aromatic add the cashews and tomatoes. Cook for 4 more minutes. Then add the hot water, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the curry sauce is cooking roast your vegetables for the curry. Place your chosen chopped vegetables onto a roasting tray with a little bit of oil, season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven preheated to 180C for 20 – 30 minutes, until all the vegetables are soft.
- Now back to the curry sauce. Check the cashews to see if they have started to soften. Add the fat free or natural live yogurt and coriander to the softened cashew nuts. Turn up the heat and bring it back up to a boil. When it has just started to boil remove from the heat and blend until smooth using a stick blender or liquidiser. When the sauce is blended place it back onto the heat and add your roasted vegetables into it.
- Now it is ready, serve topped with some extra roasted cashew nuts and chopped coriander.
- Some steamed or boiled rice or homemade yogurt flatbread is ideal to mop up the delicious sauce.
- 2 medium white onions, finely chopped
- 500g of Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Fat Free Natural Live Yogurt
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- splash of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground cardamon
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cayenne (optional if you like hot curry)
- 150g cashews
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 500ml hot water
- 1 small bunch freshly chopped coriander
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 courgette cut into 1cm cubes
- ½ small butternut squash peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 small aubergine cut into 1cm cubes
- 8 button mushrooms quartered To Serve
- 50g roasted cashews
- chopped coriander
- boiled or steamed rice
Upload your own Recipe!
Error: Contact form not found.