Chef Eunice Power’s Marinated Chicken, Roast Carrot and Fregola Salad
By Irish Yogurts Clonakilty
- Blitz the dressing ingredients together.
- Marinate the chicken in the 2 heaped tablespoon of Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Whole Milk Natural Live Yogurt and I tablespoon of the dressing and leave for about an hour in the fridge.
- Pre heat the oven to 170°C. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on a roasting tray lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Take out of the oven and leave to rest.
- Increase the oven temperature to 200°C, toss the carrots in olive oil and maple syrup , season with salt and pepper, turn onto a lined baking tray and roast for 20-30 minutes until cooked but still having a little bite. Transfer to a large bowl and add the remainder of the dressing.
- Bring water and a pinch of salt to the boil in a large pot and add the fregola and cook until al dente about 6 minutes, then strain the fregola and run under cold water for a minute or two and leave to drain.
- Add the drained fregola to the carrots and dressing, add finely chopped spinach, mint and dill or fennel (reserving some herbs to garnish.
- Divide the fregola between 4 plates, place a chicken breast on top and garnish with mint, dill or fennel and roast almonds.
For the dressing
- Juice of 4 limes
- 80g dried apricots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons of sumac
- Large pinch of chilli flakes
- 50ml of olive oil For the chicken
- 2 heaped tablespoons of Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Whole Milk Natural Live Yogurt
- I tablespoon of the dressing
- 4 chicken breasts For the carrots
- 1 kg of carrots, peeled and cut into bite sized chunks
- A dash of olive oil
- A teaspoon of maple syrup
- Salt and pepper For the salad
- 250g Fregola
- A handful of dried apricots finely sliced
- Remainder of the dressing
- 2 Large handfuls of spinach, finely sliced
- A bunch of mint, finely sliced
- Handful of fennel or dill, finely chopped
- A handful of almonds roasted almonds, roughly chopped
Upload your own Recipe!
Error: Contact form not found.