Edward Hayden’s Bacon and Thyme Scones
By Irish Yogurts Clonakilty
- Begin by heating a pan. Dry fry the bacon lardons until they are beginning to brown up. No need to cook until crispy as they will be going into the oven. Allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180°c Gas Mark 4. Prepare and Grease a flat baking tray. In a large bowl place your sieved flour and cayenne pepper.
- Add the salt and diced butter. Gently rub the butter into the flour. Add the grated cheese, cooked bacon and chopped thyme.
- In a separate bowl lightly whisk the egg together and add to the dry ingredients. Mix in the yogurt and a little milk (if required) to achieve a soft sticky dough.
- Roll out on a floured work surface and cut into equal sized shapes using either a sharp knife or a scone cutter.
- Brush lightly with beaten egg and milk and sprinkle with the pumpkins seeds or a little extra cheese if you wish.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm with butter.
- 450g self raising flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper or paprika
- 75g grated cheddar cheese
- 75g butter
- 1 large egg
- 150ml Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Natural Spoonable Kefir
- Milk to combine, as required (Approx. 50-100ml)
- 150g bacon lardons
- 2 teaspoons of freshly chopped thyme
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Pumpkin Seeds
Upload your own Recipe!
Error: Contact form not found.