Eunice Power’s French Toast with Roasted Plums and Crème fraîche
By Irish Yogurts Clonakilty
- Heat oven to 190°C. Cut plums in half, discard stones, and arrange on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Scatter with two tablespoons caster sugar, and bake for 20 minutes or until soft and juicy.
- Whisk the eggs with the remaining sugar and ½ teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Whisk in milk and pour into a flat container. Soak the bread in batter, turning once, until soaked.
- Heat half the butter in a non-stick frying pan and fry four slices of soaked bread on medium for two minutes on each side until golden, then repeat with remaining butter and soaked bread.
- Transfer to a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes until fluffed up.
- To make the vanilla crème fraîche, whisk the crème fraîche, one tablespoon icing sugar and remaining vanilla until smooth.
- Top two overlapping slices of toast with three or four cut-side-up plums, dust with icing sugar and scatter with mint. Serve with crème fraîche
- 8 dark-skinned plums
- 100g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100ml milk
- 8 small, thick slices day-old bread
- 2 tbsp butter
- 100g Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Half Fat Crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tbsp mint leaves