Fish Tikka by Chef Shane Deane
By Irish Yogurts Clonakilty
For Fish Tikka
- Firstly you need to marinade the fish. Place the yogurt, salt and tikka masala paste into a bowl and mix with a spoon to combine. Cut the skinned fish into 2 cm cubes and add the fish to yogurt mix. Cover this with cling film and leave to marinade for 2 hours in the fridge.
- After 2 hours, it’s time to assemble the tikka skewers. If using wooden skewers pre-soak them in cold water for 30 minutes to stop them from burning when cooking. Thread fish and peppers one at a time onto the skewers. Finish with a cherry tomato. For the pickles
- Place the vinegar, sugar, water, black pepper corns, cardamom pods and coriander seeds into a small pot and bring it to the boil to dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Put the red cabbage in a container and pour half the pickle over that.
- In a separate container put the cucumber and pour the rest of the pickle liquid over that.
- Allow to cool fully for over an hour For the flatbread
- Place all the flatbread ingredients except the garlic butter into a mixing bowl and mix together with a spoon when it begins to come together, then use your hands to make the dough into a ball.
- Dust a clean work surface with flour and tip out the dough.
- Knead the dough for a minute or two to make the dough ball smooth and shiny and bring it all together.
- When this is done set it aside wrapped in cling film for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes dust your work surface and rolling pin with flour, then divide the dough in 6 equal pieces and roll these pieces into balls.
- With your hands flatten the dough, then use a rolling pin to roll each piece into rounds, roughly 3mm thick.
- Put a heavy bottom pan on a medium high heat and coat the pan with vegetable oil. When it is hot, turn the heat to low and carefully place the flat bread on the pan. Allow it to cook for 1-2 minutes on that side. When it is golden brown on the bottom and bubbled up on the top, coat with more oil on top and flip it over. Allow it to cook for another 1-2 minutes on that side. When it is golden brown on the other side remove it from the pan and immediately brush with melted garlic butter. Repeat the process with the rest of the dough and set the bread aside in a warm place until serving. For the garlic sauce
- To make the garlic sauce, combine all the ingredients together in a bowl. To cook the fish skewers
- Pre heat your grill on high for 5 minute until very hot. Place the tikka skewers onto the grill tray and cook under the grill for 5 minutes. Remove from grill when they are slightly blacked.
- Turn the skewers over and repeat the process on the other side. By this time they will be fully cooked through and ready to serve. To serve
- Place the fish tikka skewers onto the warm flatbread. Remove the skewer. Top with some pickles and the garlic sauce and a few sprigs of fresh coriander. Roll it up and you’re done.
For Fish Tikka
- 700g firm fish (monkfish, cod, and salmon) skinned fillets cut into 2cm chunks
- 200g yogurt
- 75g tikka masala paste
- Pinch of salt
- ½ red and yellow pepper, cut into 2cm pieces
- 4 cherry tomatoes For Pickles
- ¼ head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 80g sugar
- 100g vinegar
- 50g water
- ½ tsp peppercorns
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- 5 cardamom pods Garlic Yogurt Sauce
- 200g of Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Whole Milk Natural Live Yogurt
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 6 leaves mint, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch coriander, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp ground cumin For garlic Flatbread
- 175g of Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Low Fat Greek Style Natural Natural Live Yogurt
- 250g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 50g garlic butter, melted To serve
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander
Upload your own Recipe!
Error: Contact form not found.