Gluten-Free Frozen Yogurt Cheesecake
By Irish Yogurts Clonakilty
- Put the strawberries, raspberries, vanilla and 170g honey in a pan over a medium heat. Cook for 10 mins, stirring occasionally, until the fruit has softened, released its juices and turned slightly jammy. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, make the base. Put the oats, ground almonds, 1 tbsp. honey and melted butter in a food processor. Blitz for 30 secs or until the mixture comes together in clumps.
- Grease a 20cm round tin with vegetable oil. Tip the oat mixture into the tin and use the back of a spoon to press down into an even layer with the back of a spoon. Put the tin in the freezer to firm up while finishing the top.
- Wipe out the bowl of the food processor and pour in the cooled berry mixture. Blitz until completely smooth.
- Reserve a third of the mixture and pour the rest into a bowl. Add the yogurt and mix until fully combined. Remove the tin from the freezer and pour in the yogurt mixture. Use a teaspoon to swirl over the reserved berry mixture, then use the spoon handle to gently ripple through the cheesecake – try not to over mix or you will lose the ripple effect.
- Freeze for at least 4 hrs. Remove from the freezer 15-20 mins before serving to soften slightly, then remove from the tin and decorate with a few fresh berries.
- 320g strawberries, hulled, plus extra to serve
- 240g raspberries, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 170g honey, plus 1 tbsp. for the base
- 90g porridge oats
- 40g ground almonds
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 500g of Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Low Fat Greek Style Natural Live Yogurt
- 1 tbsp. Vegetable oil