Spicy Beef Fajitas by Chef Edward Hayden
By Irish Yogurts Clonakilty
- To make the crème fraîche spread, very simply just mix all of the ingredients together until combined. Chill in the fridge until required.
- To make the guacamole, add all ingredients (except the tomatoes, red onion and Crème Fraîche ) to a food processor or large mixing bowl and blitz (you can use a hand held blender if desired) until a relatively smooth puree has been achieved. Remove from the blender and mix in the Crème Fraîche, diced red onion and chopped tomatoes. Make sure this product is well chilled.
- Heat a large saucepan or wok. Have all of the ingredients prepared in advance because you do need to stand over this dish.
- Add a little oil to the wok together with the chilli, garlic and sliced beef.
- Allow the beef to seal off quite quickly. Next add in all of the sliced vegetables allow these to cook quickly for approximately 5 minutes on a high heat. (See TOP TIP below)
- When the beef and vegetables are almost fully cooked, add in the sweet chilli sauce and allow to cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle in the ground cumin at this stage also.
- Correct the seasoning of the dish at this stage
- Serve immediately with tortilla wraps, dips and Cajun potato wedges. Edward's Handy Hint
- The stir fry part of this recipe is also suitable for pork, duck or chicken. In this recipe I have given you the recipe for a number of the classical fajita accompaniments and in its entirety it makes for good family food.
For the Beef Stir-Fry Mix:
- 1 ½ lb/700g striploin/rib beef (cut into very thin strips)
- 1 ½ mixed peppers (sliced thinly)
- 1 medium onion (red or white-sliced thinly)
- 1 red chilli-chopped very finely
- 2 cloves of garlic-chopped
- 5-6 mushrooms-sliced
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce For the Crème Fraiche Spread:
- 6floz/175ml of Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Half Fat Crème Fraîche
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander/parsley For the Guacamole:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 dessertspoon of chopped coriander/flat leaf parsley
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ red chilli-chopped very finely
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- ½ small red onion-diced
- 2 plum tomatoes (deseeded and diced)
- 2 dessertspoons of Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Half Fat Crème Fraîche Other Requirements:
- 7oz/200g grated red cheddar cheese
- 8-12 medium size flour tortillas
Upload your own Recipe!
Error: Contact form not found.