By Irish Yogurts Clonakilty
- Keep the cooking liquid from just one can of beans. Rinse and drain the other can. Once the beans are ready to go, warm the olive oil in small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the cumin, garlic and salt. Cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Pour in the beans, stirring regularly and mashing until your desired consistency is achieved.
- Stir the beans. Simmer for about 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to a bare minimum while we finish the remaining ingredients. Cover the pot, and stir it every few minutes so the beans don’t stick to the bottom. Crema
- Combine the yogurt or Kefir, lime juice and salt in a small bowl. Stir to combine. If desired, add hot sauce, to taste. Set aside in the fridge. Cabbage
- Soften the cabbage just a bit by sprinkling it with a couple dashes of salt. Then use your hands to squeeze gently until the cabbage is slightly wilted and fragrant. Assembling your tacos
- Spread a layer of beans down the center of each taco shell, followed by a small handful of cabbage, a generous drizzle of crema, and sprinkles of cheese and coriander. Serve immediately.
- 2 cans black beans, pinto beans or kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt Crema
- 130g Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Low Fat Greek Style Natural Live Yogurt OR 130g Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Spoonable Kefir
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Pinch fine sea salt
- A dash of hot sauce, to taste Everything else
- 8 corn tortillas or taco shells
- ½ head of red cabbage, sliced finely
- 150g Cheddar cheese, grated
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves