Chef Edward Hayden’s Wholemeal Scones
By Irish Yogurts Clonakilty
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Place wholemeal flour in a large mixing bowl and sieve the self-raising flour and baking powder into it
- Add the sugar and salt
- Rub in the butter with your fingertips until it resembles rough breadcrumbs
- Mix in 75g of the mixed seeds
- Add in the egg and yogurt and mix well until the mixture comes together, adding a little milk if required
- Turn the mixture onto a lightly floured surface, knead, then flatten out slightly and using a scone cutter, cut into approximately 12-14 pieces
- Brush the top lightly with egg wash and place on a greased tray
- Sprinkle the remaining seeds on top and bake for 18-20 minutes
- 225g extra course wholemeal flour
- 225g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g brown sugar
- 75g hard butter, cut into cubes
- 100g of Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Fat Free Natural Live Yogurt
- 110g mixed seeds (pumpkin,sunflower,poppy, sesame etc.)
- 1 egg
- Approx 100ml fresh milk (use sparingly as required)
Upload your own Recipe!
Error: Contact form not found.