Yogurt Flatbread Pizza by Chef Shane Deane
By Irish Yogurts Clonakilty
- Place all the flatbread ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix together with a spoon. When it begins to come together, use your hands to make the dough into a ball.
- Dust a clean work surface with flour, then tip out the dough.
- Knead for a minute or two to make the dough ball smooth and shiny and bring it all together.
- When this is done , set it aside wrapped in cling film for about 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes dust your work surface and rolling pin with flour, then divide the dough in 8 equal pieces and roll these pieces into balls.
- With your hands flatten the dough, then use a rolling pin to roll each piece into rounds, roughly 3mm thick.
- To cook pizza turn on your grill to high. Place a heavy bottom oven proof frying pan onto your burner to heat up. When the pan is hot add a splash of oil and place your flatbread into it, being careful to keep the bread flat. Cook on a medium high heat for 1- 2 minutes until the bread is golden brown underneath and puffed up on top. Now sprinkle a little oil on the bread and flip it over. Remove the bread from the heat and put your pizza topping onto the bread. When you have all the topping on, place the pizza under the grill to finish cooking the pizza. Remove from the grill when the topping are hot and the cheese is melted and golden.
- Remove the pizza from the pan and enjoy immediately. Tip
- This flatbread recipe is highly versatile. It can be cooked as from the recipe without the toppings and used to eat with dips or to make wraps. You could also stuff this flatbread before you cook it. It can be flavoured with different seeds or garlic and used as a naan bread for curries.
- 500g self-raising flour
- 350g of Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Low Fat Greek Style Natural Live Yogurt
- 1 tsp salt
- pizza toppings, whatever you like really.
- (Tomato passata, grated cheese, mozzarella, pepperoni or whatever takes your fancy)