Cranberry and Orange Cake
By Irish Yogurts Clonakilty
For the Cake
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees/gas 3. Line a 22cm/9inch spring form tin
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre
- In another bowl, whisk the sugar, oil, orange zest, orange juice yogurt and eggs. Pour this into the well in the flour mixture and stir
- Toss 2/3 of the cranberries in a tablespoon of flour and stir into the mix
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin and dot the remaining cranberries over the top.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 50 minutes, until golden brown. Turn out on to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before icing. For the Icing
- Whisk the ingredients for the icing together until smooth and combined , spread over the top of the cake
For the Cake
- 335g flour
- 4 level tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 250ml of Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Whole Milk Natural Live Yogurt
- 275g caster sugar
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 35ml Orange juice
- 2 large eggs
- 165ml sunflower oil
- 375g Cranberries, 1 tbsp flour For the Icing
- 200g Cream cheese
- 100g of Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Half Fat Crème Fraîche
- 50g very soft butter
- 150g of Icing sugar
- 1 tbsp of orange juice or if you have it orange blossom water.
Upload your own Recipe!
Error: Contact form not found.