Crème Fraîche Raspberry Pie
By Irish Yogurts Clonakilty
Crème Fraîche raspberry pie with salted caramel yogurt ice cream
- Use a 9inch pie dish
- Using a freestanding electric mixer with a paddle attachment mix the butter and flour together until there are no lumps of butter and they form a fine crumb consistency.
- Add the caster sugar and mix through. Add the egg and mix until a dough starts to form.
- Don’t overwork the pastry or it will become stiff and brittle.
- Turn the pastry out onto a lightly floured surface and bring it together by hand until it is smooth and even.
- Form into a ball and flatten slightly, wrap the pastry in cling film and place in the fridge to rest for approximately 30-40 minutes.
- Once the pastry has rested, roll out onto a lightly floured surface until it is about 5 mm thick.
- Grease your pie dish with a little butter. Line the pie dish with the pastry, pressing it gently into the base to make sure it is sitting neatly in the dish.
- Using a small knife, trim the edges in line with the pie dish.
- Allow the pie crust to rest in the fridge again for approximately 20 minutes.
- To bake ’blind’, preheat the oven to 170c. Line the pie crust loosely with baking parchment and fill it with ceramic baking beans (or a dried bean like haricot beans).
- Blind-bake the pie for 10 minutes with the baking beans.
- Then remove the baking beans and paper and continue to bake for a further 15-20 minutes or until the crust is an even golden-brown colour. Allow to cool before filling.
- To make the filling, mix together the eggs and sugar in a medium bowl until combined, add the flour, lemon zest, Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Half Fat Crème Fraîche and the vanilla extract.
- Mix well until the filling is smooth and all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust.
- Place the fresh raspberries in a neat circular pattern into the crème fraiche filling and push down until almost submerged.
- Turn the oven down to 160c, and bake the pie for approximately 40 – 45 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Check the filling by gently shaking the pie dish. It should wobble very slightly but should not be watery.
- Allow pie to cool. Refrigerate until set and completely cooled.
- Have your ice cream bowl frozen for 24 hours.
- Set up the ice cream maker as per instructions.
- Combine the Sicilian Lemon live yogurt and the condensed milk in a medium to large jug.
- Whisk to combine. In a separate bowl whisk the cream into soft peaks an fold the cream into the yogurt mixture and pour into the ice cream maker which is already turned on.
- Allow to churn for 20- 30 minutes. Scrape the ice cream out of the ice cream maker and into a container and freeze for 24 hours.
- 225g plain flour
- 110g unsalted butter
- 80g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4 large eggs
- 300g caster sugar
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 1tbsp lemon zest
- 300g Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Half Fat Crème Fraîche
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 100g fresh raspberries
- Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Gourmet Live Sicilian Lemon 450g
- Condensed milk 100g
- 100ml cream
13th May 2019 5:37 pm
Tried this at the weekend, went down a treat with my family 🙂
Upload your own Recipe!
Error: Contact form not found.