Half Fat Crème Fraîche Risotto
By Irish Yogurts Clonakilty
- In a saucepan place the milk, bay leaves and thyme.
- Gently bring the milk to the boil. Add the smoked haddock with the skin on into the milk and simmer for 5-7 minutes until the smoked haddock is just cooked and flaking away from the skin.
- Remove the smoked haddock from the pan, flake the flesh away from the skin. Strain and reserve the milk.
- To begin risotto finely chop the leeks and garlic. Make the veg stock by dissolving the stock cube in the boiling water.
- In a large bottomed pan add the olive oil, leeks and garlic.
- Cook for 5 minutes on a medium heat. After 5 mins add the Arborio rice and cook for 2 more minutes, then add the white wine and cook until rice has absorbed the wine.
- Then slowly add the milk 100ml at a time stirring regularly. When milk is all absorbed into the rice, add the vegetable stock 100 ml at a time.
- This should take about 20 minutes. At this point add the parmesan and peas.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes. Then finally fold in the Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Half Fat Crème Fraîche half fat crème fraiche and flaked smoked haddock.
- The Arborio rice should be slightly al dente and the risotto consistence should be slightly loose.
- If you gently shake the pan the rice should move like a wave.
- Serve in a bowl and top with a little extra parmesan.
- 400ml Milk
- 600g Smoked haddock5 Bay leaves
- 5g Fresh thyme
- 250g Arborio rice
- 50g Parmesan
- 400ml Veg stock (made from stock cubes)
- 1 Leek
- 2 Garlic
- 100ml White wine
- 150g Frozen peas
- 150g Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Half Fat Crème Fraîche
- 400ml Milk
Upload your own Recipe!
Error: Contact form not found.