Hazelnut Pavlova with Yogurt & Lemon Curd
By Irish Yogurts Clonakilty
Hazelnut Pavlova with Yogurt & Lemon Curd By Irish Yogurts Clonakilty
- Preheat the oven to 130C/250F/Gas Mark ½
- Choose a large spotlessly clean mixing bowl.
- Put the egg whites into the mixing bowl and beat them vigorously until they are stiffly beaten. If you were to turn the bowl upside down the eggs would not come out of the bowl and this is a good indication of the different stages that can be achieved, Be careful if case they do come out of the bowl!!
- Reduce the speed of the mixer and add the sugar bit by bit until it is all incorporated. It is important to beat well between each addition of sugar
- At this stage you need to turn off the mixer and add in the vanilla extract, cornflour and vinegar and then return the mixer to full speed for 50-60 seconds. Quickly add in the hazelnuts at the end
- Spread the mixture into a circular shape and make one large pavlova, using some leftover meringue mixture to pipe indiviudla rosettes around the side
- Place in the oven and after 15 minutes reduce the heat to 110C/225F/Gas Mark ¼ for a further 45 minutes or until the edge of the meringue feels crisp to the touch but the centre will still be quite soft
- Allow to cool completely (preferably overnight) and then decorate with a mixture of the yogurt mixed with lemon curd and halved strawberries or fresh fruit of your choice Additional Notes
- Leftover meringue nests can be mashed up into a bowl with some whipped cream and sliced strawberries and piled into a fancy glass and served as the quintessentially English “Eton Mess”
- 6 large egg whites
- 12oz/350g caster sugar
- 3oz/75g toasted crushed hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon of cornflour
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract To Garnish
- 300g of Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Greek Style Natural Live Yogurt
- Fresh Fruit
- 4 tablespoons Lemon Curd
Upload your own Recipe!
Error: Contact form not found.