Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
By Irish Yogurts Clonakilty
|Cook Time:||20 min|
|Prep Time:||20 min|
|Total Time:||40 min|
- Preheat the oven at 170C / 325F.
- Grease a 9 inch cake tin with cooking spray or butter and flour.
- Using an electric stand mixer, whisk the olive oil, eggs, lemon zest and juice, Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Gourmet Sicilian Lemon Live Yogurt and sugar and give it a light beating until ingredients are well combined.
- In another bowl, sift the flour and baking powder, and then sift this back into the liquid part, roughly 50g. at a time, while lightly whisking to combine.
- Add the poppy seeds in now too, you don’t need to mix this very much but you want to avoid lumps from forming.
- Empty into your cake pan and bake for 60 – 70 minutes until firm to the touch and when a skewer or sharp knife is inserted into the thickest part it comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before turning it out onto your cake plate or stand.
- To make the icing, mix the Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Half Fat Crème Fraîche and butter in an electric stand mixer, until smooth.
- Add the icing sugar slowly, when combined add the lemon juice.
- 2 eggs
- 145g caster sugar
- 1 lemon
- 200g plain flour
- 7g baking powder
- 185g Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Gourmet Sicilian Lemon Live Yogurt
- 85ml veg oil
- 30g poppy seeds
- 300g icing sugar
- 115g butter
- 175g Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Half Fat Crème Fraîche
- 1 Lemon zest and juice