Spicy Beef with Chilli Tomato Crème Fraîche & Tortilla Crisps
By Irish Yogurts Clonakilty
- Heat a large pan and quickly sauté the onion, mushroom and mixed peppers
- Add the beef and cook for 4-5 minutes until cooked,
- Add in the Chilli sauce, soy sauce, curry powder and Chilli powder.
- Allow the mixture to come to a bubble, reduce to a simmer for 6-7 minutes and then serve as outlined Spicy Tortilla Crisps
- Lay the tortillas flat on the work surface and brush lightly on each side with oil
- Sprinkle lightly with a little cayenne pepper or paprika.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 or 10 segments and divide them between line baking trays
- Bake at 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5 for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned and crisp.
- . Turn during the cooking process Spicy Tomato & Chilli Crème Fraîche
- Deseed the tomatoes; chop the onions, chilli and garlic.
- Mix in chopped herbs, seasoning and Crème Fraîche
- Add a squeeze of lime juice and store in the fridge until ready to eat To Serve
- Serve the spicy beef with the tortilla crisps, and the spicy tomato and chilli Crème Fraîche
- 1lb/450g minced beef
- 1 red onion-very finely diced
- 6 mushrooms-chopped
- 1 ½ mixed peppers-finely diced
- 3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Pinch curry powder
- Pinch chilli powder Spicy Tortilla Crisps
- 4 tortillas
- A little oil
- Cayenne pepper/paprika Spicy Tomato & Chilli Crème Fraîche
- ½ red onion-diced
- 2 Garlic cloves-chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 4 ripe tomatoes-deseeded and chopped
- 1 fresh chilli-finely diced
- 2500ml Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Half Fat Crème Fraîche