Apple & raspberry Fool
By Chef Edward Hayden
For the Compote
- Place all the apples, sugar and water together in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until they just begin to soften. Do not allow the mixture to become smooth-it is nice to have lumps of fruit still contained. At this stage mix in the fresh raspberries.
- Allow to cool completely. For the Granola
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4
- Spread the porridge oats, flaked almonds and hazelnuts onto a flat baking sheet. Scatter the demerara sugar over the top of the oat mixture. Drizzle with the honey and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crisp. About 5 minutes before the granola is cooked add in the sultanas and mixed fruit and return to the oven (they will burn if in too long).
- Remove from the oven, allow the granola to go completely cold and store in an airtight container until required. To Assemble the Fool
- Mix the cooled apple and raspberry compote into the yogurt. Do not mix it in entirely. It looks more visually impressive to obtain a marbled effect
- Sweeten with the honey if you desire. Alternatively layer the fruit compote up with the yogurt
- Divide the fool mixture between 6 large serving glasses
- Sprinkle a thin layer of the toasted granola on the top and garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.
- 3-4 cooking apples
- 4oz/110g caster sugar
- 5oz/150g raspberries
- 3-4 dessertspoons of water
- 14floz/400ml Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Custard Style Live Yogurt
- 2 dessertspoons of honey (optional) For the Granola
- 8oz/225g porridge oats
- 4oz/110g flaked almonds
- 1oz/25g hazelnuts
- 2oz/50g sultanas
- 2oz/50g demerara sugar
- 4 dessertspoons of honey
- 4oz/110g mixed fruit (apricots, prunes, dates etc)
Upload your own Recipe!
Error: Contact form not found.