Lemon & Blueberry Mousse with Hazelnut and Oat Topping
By Chef Eunice Power
- This can be assembled up to six hours ahead and kept in the fridge. Topping can be made up to three days ahead.
- You will need 6-8 small glasses. Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan.
- Put the lemon zest, juice, sugar and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until the butter has melted. Then, using a small whisk or fork, stir in the beaten egg. Keep gently whisking the mixture over the heat for around 10 mins until it thickens like custard. Pour the cooked curd into sterilized jars. Keep in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- For the topping, melt the butter and honey in a saucepan. Add the other topping ingredients and spread the mixture out on the baking sheet. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray until cold and crunchy.
- To make the lemon mousse, mix the crème fraiche, yogurt, lemon curd and lemon juice together in a bowl.
- Divide the blueberries between the glasses and press them down Firmly. Top with the lemon mixture and sprinkle with the topping.
For the Hazelnut & Oat Topping
- 25g Butter
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 100g Large Porridge Oats
- 50g Demerara Sugar
- 50g Hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 40g Plain Flour For the lemon mousse
- 200g Irish Yogurt Clonakilty crème fraiche
- 200g of Irish Yogurt Clonakilty Greek Style Yogurt
- 3 tbsp luxury lemon curd
- Juice of ½ lemon 200g fresh blueberries For the lemon curd
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 100g caster sugar
- 50g butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
Upload your own Recipe!
Error: Contact form not found.