Saffron and Lemon Chicken with Kefir Dressing
By Chef Eunice Power
- Put the saffron in a small bowl and pour over the boiling water and stir with a spoon and leave to cool and infuse for 10 minutes
- Put the onion, lemon juice, olive oil, turmeric, yogurt , cooled saffron in water and sea salt into a large bowl and mix well. Add the chicken and mix well until the chicken is coated. Cover the bowl and leave the chicken to marinate for a minimum of one hour or overnight
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Line a large baking tray with nonstick baking paper.
- Remove each piece of chicken from the marinade along with onions and lay on the prepared baking tray and bake for 18-20 minutes until the pieces are slightly charred at the edges
- While the chicken is in the oven mix the Kefir, sumac, lemon juice and tomato chutney and leave aside
- Serve with flour tortilla wraps or basmati rice with a little salad and Irish Yogurts Clonakilty kefir with sumac
For the Chicken
- 1 Onions, cut in half and slices.
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp ground Turmeric
- 200g Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Greek Style Natural Live Yogurt
- 1 Tsp sea salt
- Generous pinch of saffron threads
- 1 Tbsp boiling water
- 4 large boneless , skinless chicken breasts cut into 5cm pieces. Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Kefir with Sumac
- 200g Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Kefir Natural
- 60g Tomato chutney
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 2tsp sumac
- Whole meal wraps
Upload your own Recipe!
Error: Contact form not found.