By Irish Yogurts Clonakilty
For the Cake
- Pre heat the oven to 170°C Fan. Line the loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth. Add the Kefir and mix in.
- Add the flour, baking soda and eggs and mix in.
- Add the mashed banana, vanilla and cinnamon and give one final mix.
- Pour the mixture into a lined tray.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, after 30 minutes baking, cover the cake with tinfoil to prevent the top from browning too much.
- Check to see if cooked by piercing with a skewer, if it comes out clean then it is ready.
- Leave to cool completely in the tin. For the Icing
- Mix the icing sugar with boiling water until it reaches a ‘drizzle’ consistency. Drizzle generously over the banana bread.
- Sprinkle over some dried banana chips and serve.
For the Banana Bread
- 150g Butter, softened
- 170g Brown Sugar
- 4 Large Tbsp Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Kefir Natural
- 200g Plain Flour
- 2 Tsp Bread Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Ripe Bananas, mashed
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon For the Icing
- 50g Icing Sugar
- Boiling Water
- Dried Banana Chips
Upload your own Recipe!
Error: Contact form not found.