By Chef Kevin Dundon
- Grease a 20cm cake tin and line the base and edges with baking paper.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the brown sugar and leave for 2–3 minutes, until dissolved and starting to caramelize. Pour the caramel into the prepared tin.
- Arrange the apple wedges on top of the caramel, then set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F.
- Put the caster sugar and eggs in a large bowl and whisk until pale and thick or to a figure of eight.
- Add the yogurt.
- Sift the flour and baking powder over the egg mixture and gently fold together until fully combined.
- Pour the batter over the apples and bake for 40-45 minutes, until the cake is fully cooked or firm to the touch.
- Leave the cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then carefully turn it out, peel off the lining paper and enjoy.
- I love this cake warm but at room temperature will be just as tasty as the caramel will crisp up as it cools down. Enjoy with extra Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Greek Style Natural Live Yogurt
- 75g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 75g brown sugar
- 2–3 Pink Lady apples, peeled, cored and each cut into 8 wedges
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250g Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Greek Style Natural Live Yogurt, plus extra to serve
- 225g plain flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
Upload your own Recipe!
Error: Contact form not found.