Chicken Satay Skewers
By Chef Edward Hayden
For the Chicken
- Dice the chicken into pieces and put into a medium sized bowl with the Cajun spice and the oil. Mix until completely coated and then thread onto metal or wooden skewers with some vegetables between each piece of chicken.
- These skewers can be cooked in two ways
- Cook on a hot barbecue for 10-12 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment and cook in a preheated oven (180C/350F/Gas Mark 4) for 18-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through. For the Sauce
- Finely dice the onion, garlic, chilli & ginger and cook in a little oil over a low heat for 3-5 minutes. Add in the peanut butter, cream and crème fraîche at this stage and continue to cook on a gentle simmer for approximately 10 minutes. Correct the consistency with the water.
- Season with the soy sauce and the lime juice and garnish with the chopped spring onions just before you serve.
- Serve the chicken skewers with boiled rice and satay sauce.
- 4 breasts of chicken-diced into cubes
- Mixed vegetables (peppers, onions, cherry tomatoes)-Cut into chunks
- 2 dessertspoons oil
- ½ teaspoon Cajun spice Satay sauce (Which can be made in advance and reheated)
- ½ medium sized onion
- 1 large clove garlic
- ½ red chilli
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 5oz/150g crunchy peanut butter
- 9oz/250g Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Half-Fat Crème Fraîche
- 4floz/110ml cream
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 5floz/150ml water (as required)
- 2-3 stems of spring onions-chopped finely
Upload your own Recipe!
Error: Contact form not found.